How to Choose Safe Online Casinos for Irish Players
With thousands of gaming platforms, the most vital aspect any player should look at before anything else is a secure internet casino. We look at common features that Irish players should look at and guide you about what to look out for and how to choose a safe online casino.
Safe and secure gaming online while players can have fun and win are what any online gamers want. There are several top criteria a casino must adhere to land on top trusted online casinos listings which we explore below. Aside from these we also look out for good bonuses, diverse gaming selection, safe mobile casinos and fast payouts. While there are hundreds of top safe and secure options that meet our stringent requirements, our top recommended safe casinos in Ireland with great reputation include:
- Dream Vegas – 50 free spins plus 100% matching bonus up to €400 with minimum €20 deposit accepted
- Grand Ivy – 100 free spins plus 100% matching bonus up to €1, 500 with a minimum deposit of €20
- Casimba – 50 free spins plus 100% matching bonus up to €500 while the minimum deposit amount is €20
- Sun Vegas – 100% deposit bonus for up to €300 while it only requires a minimum deposit of €10
- Grosvenor – register and receive a welcome bonus of €20 that can be used on any games with a super-low wagering requirement of only 5 x.
100% up to 300 EUR
250% up to €1200 + 250 FS
100% up to $200 + 100 FS
Licensing Bodies & Online Gaming Regulators for Safe Casinos
Legitimate online casinos operate under licensing from global regulators and licensing bodies to ensure players access secure platforms. Several recognized authorities verify casinos operate legally and classified as safe. Some of the top licensing bodies for the Republic of Ireland casinos include:
- Malta Gaming Authority – MGA was formed in 2001 and globally recognised. It is one of the top regulatory bodies for European online gaming. Aside from being a licensing body it also ensures fair gaming, secure funds as well as prevention of underage gambling.
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission – UKGC is the United Kingdom’s main regulatory body and established in 2005. It is often found in conjunction with other gaming bodies for example Malta.
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission – KGC regulates North America as well as Canada gaming that includes sportsbooks, online casinos as well as poker rooms online. It is one of the oldest as it was established in 1996 in Kahnawake as aboriginal owned.
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission – based in the UK, its region is Europe while based in Alderney. This regulatory body launched in 2000 to ensure strict gaming laws are adhered to aside from verifying and issuing licenses for trusted casinos online.
- Gibraltar Regulatory Authority – GRA launched in 200 as one of Europe’s most reliable licensing bodies. It enforces rules and regulations in the European Union that includes sports betting as well as casino gaming.
|Caxino||Malta Gaming Authority|
|Neon Vegas Casino||Malta Gaming Authority|
|JackpotCity Casino||Malta Gaming Authority, Swedish Gambling Authority, Kahnawake Gaming Commission|
|Spin Casino||Malta Gaming Authority|
|Royal Vegas Casino||Malta Gaming Authority|
|Casigo||UK Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority|
|Wild Fortune Casino||Malta Gaming Authority|
|Casino Rocket||Malta Gaming Authority|
|Vegas Lounge Casino||Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission|
|Cash Arcade Casino||UK Gambling Commission, Alderney Gambling Control Commission|
How to choose & what to look for in top safe online casinos
Online casinos are much more than a platform to have fun and potentially win some extra money. Real money gambling where you enter personal details and banking is meant to be sure and players want to not only feel safe but know that their details are safe and secure. Moreover, will a gambling platform payout winnings and are they indeed who they say they are. There are key factors determining casino security and what the safest online casino parameters and features are. These include:
Certificates & Seals
An exceptionally important aspect to check online is seals and certificates as the best trusted online casinos carry a seal from independent auditors like eCogra. eCogra is commonly found at trusted and secure sites. This independent auditor has one focus and that is ensuring all gaming activity is truly random. Side from games, money storage protocols, as well as payment processes, are also tested regularly.
Trusted Casinos Auditors
Auditors investigate both websites as well as company owners to ensure player safety. All best trusted online casinos are examined as a whole to ensure there are zero security flaws while deposit, as well as withdrawal processes, are thoroughly tested as well. They also check how and where financial details are stored. When players notice a seal of approval from independent auditors, personal details and cash are safe. Top auditors that players can look out for which will add its seal of approval on platforms include:
- eCogra – internationally respected agency that launched in 2003
- iTech Labs – a world-renowned testing lab that launched in 2004 that works with huge brands to ensure top-level integrity and accountability.
- Gaming Associates – trusted testing operator that dates back to 1990 for wagering, lottery as well as online gaming.
- SQS Group Limited – its headquarters are in London and founded in 1996
- BMM Compliance Macao – another reputable test lab
- GLI UK Gaming Ltd – this team provides security audits, game testing, RNG testing as well as platform audits
- GLI LLC – with a presence since 1987 it is one of the oldest in online gaming with consulting on customer safety, auditing, inspections
RNG – Random Number Generators at trusted online casinos
RNG is just as important at any platform. With the exception of live dealer games, this algorithm is present on trusted sites. This is how any outcome of cards or reels is decided to make sure that every turn or spin is truly random. A legitimate operator has all its casino games as well as slots tested regularly by external auditing companies.
The most trusted Irish online casino has superior security. Various vital aspects combined ensure players safety and security. Player identity, as well as funds, are protected with several sites using 2-step verification that makes it impossible for unauthorized users to access accounts. Players want security protocols in place too like SSL which is secure encryption between casino and player as well as segregated funds which means player funds are not combined with operational casino funds.
Data transfer online is encrypted with SSL certification. If you want to check a website’s connection to verify that it is secure, you can do it with an easy check. Next to an address, you will notice a green padlock icon which means it is safe, if it has a red icon, stay away. When you click on the green icon, certificate info will appear and who is its issuer. There are various top certification authorities like:
- Comodo Cybersecurity
Safe payment methods
When you look at payment methods both deposit as well as withdrawals ensure that all of the above are present. When it carries a seal of approval, has SSL certification and regular audits only trusted payment providers will operate on the platform. Top banking methods that operate safely include:
Casino trusted sites have clear terms and conditions and you will never struggle to find it either. As soon as you cannot find it’s T&C s or these are not making much sense or continuously change, it is a danger sign. Terms and conditions are easy to understand and you will know whether you are allowed to play from Ireland and whether you can claim bonuses etc.
Customer Support in Fair Casinos
Excellent customer support that is always available and ready to answer any questions honestly and quick. Problems must be solved without any delay and more than one contact method should be present. Email support must be fast, while live chat and toll-free phone support are definite plus points. Customer support must be in English as a universal language for everyone to understand. Obviously, it would be great when it has multiple language options too.
Responsible Gambling at safe online casinos in Ireland
Licensed casinos support responsible gaming and also offer support to those players who feel they might have or could develop a gambling problem. While not all trusted site has external organizations, responsible casino provides players with a variety of self-help tools to remain in control of gambling. They will include links to helplines like the National Gambling Helpline. Several instances feature on trusted casinos which include:
- Gamblers Anonymous
Trusted Irish online casinos have good player reviews
Players love to share online experiences both good and bad. While it is impossible to please everyone as some player might complain about too little table games, which he should have checked before registering. Good reviews will share payout experience, customer support, safe and fast banking, actual payouts when a jackpot was won etc. When players do not see any player reviews, check casino review websites too as these companies are independent casino aggregators with no link to anyone in particular. See what different reviews tell you to make sure you play at safe casino sites.
How to differentiate between bad and trusted online casinos
There are multiple ways to know if a casino is a secure site with the number one step to check its internet address. If it does not have secure data transmission, stay away. Look for this in the prefix of the address, for example, a secure website has hypertext transfer protocol that shows it is secure with https. The “s” means it is secure, do not trust a site with only “http”. Other ways include bad customer reviews or platforms that do not respond to players or when they continuously change terms & conditions. Known unsafe casinos include:
What are Scam sites
How do you identify an online platform’s legitimacy and answering the big question are online casinos safe? They certainly are safe when following our guidelines, but how do you recognise scam sites? Look out for these potential pitfalls scam sites like to use to entrap players:
- Outrageous rewards and bonuses which are used to attract unsuspecting players
- Scam sites will not have any licensing and legitimacy documentation and will not have license number or registration numbers on their pages
- A scam site will have software that you have never heard of or it will not provide any games developer names. Look out for providers like Betsoft, Playtech, Microgaming, NetEnt, RTG etc. There are hundreds more leading games developers and when you see a name that you don’t recognise, do a quick search as games developers are also licensed and regulated to develop safe games with random number generator software.
- Payment methods will be dubious and you will be frustrated when attempting to withdraw funds
- Scam platforms will not require players to verify age or identity and neither will these be bothered from which country players are as they have no intention of paying out any potential winnings.
|Caxino||Thunderkick, NetEnt, Big Time Gaming, Red Tiger, Evolution Gaming, Play n GO,|
|Neon Vegas Casino||Pragmatic Play, Play’n GO, NetEnt, Red Tiger Gaming, Relax Gaming, iSoftBet, Big Time Gaming, Evolution Gaming, Microgaming|
|Fastpay Casino||NetEnt, MicroGaming, Evolution Gaming, BetSoft, Pragmatic Play, ELK, Play n GO, Quickspin, Yggdrasil Gaming, Thunderkick, Playson, iSoftBet, Blueprint|
|Jonny Jackpot Casino||Microgaming, Blueprint Gaming, Evolution Gaming, Play n GO, Red Tiger Gaming, NetEnt, ELK Studios, Nextgen Gaming|
|JackpotCity Casino||Microgaming, Just For The Win, Evolution Gaming, Rabcat, Crazy Tooth Studio, Foxium, Snowborn Games|
|Spin Casino||NetEnt, MicroGaming|
|Casigo||Nolimit City, Microgaming, Blueprint Gaming, Evolution Gaming, Play’n GO, Red Tiger Gaming, NetEnt, ELK Studios, Eyecon, Push Gaming|
FAQ on theme Safe Online Casinos
- 👍 How safe will my banking be, and can I trust that data isn’t leaked?
- Check out a platform’s security level and if it has SSL encryption. When it is licensed and regulated by a recognised licensing body, with secure banking your details will be safe.
- 💸 Is it safe to play at casinos with real money?
- Yes, when you follow our guide to what makes an online platform safe. When it carries a seal of approval and is fully licensed your funds are secure and games will be fair with outcomes random.
- ✍️ Who regulates online platforms and how do I know it is a trusted casino online?
- Players will recognise a trusted platform through its licensing body as well as a regulator. These bodies ensure that casinos are safe and secure through regular checks.
- 🤑 What are the top features to look for in secure casinos for Irish players?
- To ensure players safety lookout for licensing from UKGC or one of the other licensing bodies like Malta or Curacao. Make sure it has top safe payment methods as well as independent security audits which will have a seal of approval on the website page.
- 💎 What does it proof when a gaming platform has a license?
- Any online platform with a license from one of the top regulatory bodies are practising responsible gambling, has fair and random games while players and technical security are guaranteed. Money security is checked, gaming and platform transparency checked, payout audits are complete while data protection is also ensured. These platforms also do not get a license and left to operate as a licensing body also regulates a platform which means it is randomly and regularly checked and updated.